One of the many things on my to-do list before having Q was to prep easy, ready-to-go freezer meals. I knew my life would be a lot busier with a newborn, and taking the thought out of what to make for meals would allow me to have more quality time with Q. The first few weeks can be filled with visitors offering to make or buy a meal, but eventually the visitors dwindle and that’s when the freezer stock pile comes in handy.
Whether Paleo, Keto, or Whole30, it was important to me to choose healthier, nutrient-dense options since I was planning to breastfeed (see my post on Breastfeeding & Pumping: 10 Tips for Beginners). I also was looking forward to shedding some of the baby weight in the process. All the better reason to pick meals with clean and minimal ingredients!
I decided to prep my meals about 1-1.5 months before my due date. Most freezer meals will keep for about 3-6 months, so I didn’t want to prep too far in advance. I made a double batch of many of the freezer meals for convenience and since I was already doing the work.
Hopefully some of my favorite, easy-to-freeze recipes from various bloggers inspire you to create a list of meals to prep for postpartum recovery.
What You’ll Need:
- Freezer ziplock bags or food storage containers
- Freezer tape
10 Healthy & Easy Freezer Meals:
- 6 Freezer Chicken Marinades (Asian Sesame, Curry, Italian, Lemon Garlic, Balsamic, and Fajita) from WholeKitchenSink
– OR purchase any of Primal Kitchen dressings/marinades to add to meats and freeze (some of my favorites are Cilantro Lime and Honey Mustard Vinaigrette)
- Paleo Chili from All Recipes
- Zuppa Toscana from 40Aprons
- Mini Egg Frittatas from I Heart Naptime (these can easily be made to your liking)
- Easy Instant Pot Pot Roast and Veggies from WholeKitchenSink
- Keto & Whole30 Italian Meatballs from Tastes Lovely
- Paleo Broccoli Quiche with Bacon from Paleo Running Momma
- Whole30 Stuffed Peppers with Chipotle Sauce from Some the Wiser
– OR Southwest Turkey Stuffed Peppers from The Real Food Dietitians
– OR Chicken Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers from Little Bits of Real Food & Real Talk
- Pancakes from Better Homes & Gardens (these can be made with whatever mix you prefer – for a Paleo mix I use Birch Benders)
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Bake from Little Bits of Real Food & Real Talk (oatmeal helps your milk supply if you plan to breastfeed!)
Comment below with some of your favorite easy-to-freeze recipes! 🙂
For more ways to prep before baby, see my posts on:
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally recommend. Thank you for your continued support!